Saturday, April 11, 2009

Faith

Faith is what we are turn to during unknown times. It seems recently with everything it is the only thing I am able to cling to. When times are good...they are great- and when life takes crazy turns, it feels like an insane detour spiraling out of control.
I am not just talking about everything that is going on with my family, but recent events and diagnosis with friends and extended family members. Wow is all I have to say. God calls on His strongest and most devote to test and challenge. Yesterday I lost my faith for a little bit. It was ugly and something that I never want to happen again. I finally asked God WHY??? Why all this pain, suffering and affliction? Not just for me, but for others too ALL at the same time. Then it hit me like ton of bricks. DUH Kelsey! When we endure loss, bad news, hard times and pain, we should put our faith in God and turn to help one another. Our healing comes from our ability and willingness to help others through their own grief. The tough stuff gives your character. Experience makes you wise... It's preparation for what's to come, which is almost frightening in itself, but I am thanking God for His little blessings along the way and for preparing me ahead of time.
We are both very scared and although we trust the doctors, we are not completely satisfied with their answers. But then again, are we ever guaranteed 100 % safety from anything?? Of course not! So, we do the best we can and live everyday fully and complete...in Faith. Faith that God will take care of us. We are His children and He loves us forever and unconditionally.
My Faith is inching back. I didn't realize how much I needed it until I lost it. Now, I pray you never lose yours.

We are back in Grand Prairie for Easter...celebrating Jesus! Carson has just 3 weeks until law school finals and he is DONE until next Fall! I have 7 more weeks of school and then our summer abroad Texas will hopefully begin! Thank you for listening to my rant. I find this blog therapeutic and helpful during all of this.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Kathryn said...

your words reminded me of James 1:2-8

love you!

Anonymous said...

Kelsey and Carson,

I can tell you from my experience that as ugly as it is, cancer brings so many blessings to you. Sounds weird, I know! I hope to see you guys at the RFL. I am going to try to make it. You guys can meet Lukas, my 2-year-old cancer survivor grandson!

Love,
Jena Perkins (Will's mom)

pammy said...

Your ears must have burned. Doug and Kelli had a Halloween Party here last night since they JUST moved into their place and haven't unpacked boxes yet. We were discussing your strength, and "grounding" and love that carries you through ALL that life has to hurl at you. I could have told you both that you had the grounding and that you could look at life (together as a couple) and say "bring it!!!!!" I'm so proud for you and of you~~~~~~