Thursday, March 5, 2009

So...what is it?

After a LONG period of waiting we finally got a call from a Waco Thoracic surgeon saying Carson had been referred to him by his orthopedic surgeon and that this spot was in fact a tumor embedded in his ribs. This was on January 29, 2009. I was in Grand Prairie for the evening for the Men of South Pageant and Carson called me. I still remember feeling like someone kicked me in the face.
We met with the thoracic surgeon, he said yes, it needed to come out, but he would feel better if someone with experience performed the surgery. He referred us to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, which is where we are today.

1 comment:

Jeffrey.berta@hartfordlife.com said...

Okay guys - blogging is not my thing but preying is. How do you want Susi and I to prey for you specifically.

Jeff and Susi Berta